- 6 lb rack of pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Your favorite Rub
- Your favorite barbecue sauce
4 hours before dinner
- Trim the ribs of any extra fat and remove the silverskin.
- Rub ribs generously with the rub.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
3 hours before dinner
- Preheat oven to 225 degF.
- Wrap ribs tightly in foil leaving one end open.
- Pour vinegar into the open end of the foil and roll closed.
- Place foil wrapped ribs on a jellyroll pan.
- Braise ribs for about 3 hours; until very tender but not quite falling off the bone.
10 minutes before dinner
- Remove the ribs from the oven and allow to cool a bit. This will firm up the meat and make it easier to manage on the grill.
- While the ribs are cooling, preheat grill. You want it hot.
2 minutes before dinner
- Grill ribs meat side down for a couple minutes. The top will look crusty and delicious.
- Flip ribs and brush with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- Let the ribs sit on the grill, meat side up, for another minute or two. The barbecue sauce will thicken slightly, becoming a glaze.