Also known simply as "the pasta". This recipe is a staple in my house.
Makes four servings.
- 1 lb farfalle
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 rashers applewood smoked bacon
- 8 spears asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Peel shrimp and marinade in olive oil and your favorite spice blend while you prepare the vegetables.
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1" pieces
- Cut red bell pepper into 1" strips
- Fry bacon until crispy and drain, leaving a few tablespoons of pork fat in the pan.
- Saute asparagus and bell pepper in bacon fat until soft.
- Saute shrimp.
- Cook farfalle until al dente.
- Beat egg yolks and cream.
- Toss farfalle, bacon, shrimp, bell pepper, asparagus, and crumbled goat cheese with the cream and egg mixture and a tablespoon or two of the pasta water over low heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, fresh cracked black pepper, and your favorite finishing salt.