- 1 smoked ham hock
- 1 pork neck bone
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 10-15 black peppercorns
- Add all ingredients to the crock-pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 10 hours.
- Strain stock and refrigerate overnight.
- Scrape any fat which has collected on the surface.
- Chicken backs and feet
- Pig feet
- Beef shanks and oxtails